by Brian Cathcart, CPA, MS
Larimer SBDC Consultant
The Financial Lab
You are probably really good at providing the products and/or services of your business. But you might not feel so competent or confident about the accounting and financial analysis part of your business. Maybe you need to change your mindset regarding your financial reporting as something to get excited about.
Don’t you get excited about things that make you money? Financial reporting and analysis makes you money!
10 Signs You Need Better a Better Understanding of Your Business Finances
You don’t know the role of accounting or what accounting means.
- You are not using financial information regularly to make better business decisions.
- You don’t know how to calculate your break even or how to calculate sales necessary to achieve a desired level income.
- You don’t know what accounting infrastructure means.
- You don’t know what accrual based accounting means.
- You don’t understand why the balance sheet is the most important financial statement.
- You don’t understand why it is necessary or how to perform monthly reconciliations and close the books.
- You have a large accounting role without adequate training and education.
- You are a business owner or manager that would like to freshen up on all this accounting stuff.
- You are not excited about monthly financial analysis.
Check out the following helpful classes that are coming up soon:
|Thursday, November 5||1:00 PM – 5:00 PM||
QuickBooks: 3 Part Series
|Friday, November 6||8:30 AM – 12:00 PM||
Basics of Bookkeeping: Know Thy Numbers
|Wednesday, November 18||8:30 AM – 12:00 PM||
TAXES – Get Informed and Organized Now!