Our Small Business After Hours series is proving to be a hit! Nearly 30 people representing a wide variety of retail shops throughout Fort Collins attended our September 22nd event.
Restaurant & Food Industry Workforce Issues Panel
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Just for our restaurant and food businesses, we’ve assembled a great panel of professionals to address these workforce issues. Come prepared with your questions and get answers from people who have been there and done that!
Ragamuffin Organizing & Cleaning Success Story
Owner: Kami Bowker
Story: Kat Rico
Photography: Courtesy of Ragamuffin Organizing & Cleaning
Not all entrepreneurs start with goals of grandiose riches; in the case of Kami Bowker, owner of Ragamuffin Organizing & Cleaning, she just wanted to be able to make her $300 per month car payment. Just three years later, her cleaning business has grown so rapidly, she has chosen to invest the unexpected growth in her vision of a Christian women’s respite ministry.
Originally from Burlington, Colorado, Kami moved to Fort Collins for beauty school and then owned a salon for four years. Life’s twists and turns led her to being a stay-at-home mother who homeschooled her children for 13 years. These experiences helped her hone the Organizing skills that are essential to her business success today. At the suggestion of a friend, she started Ragamuffin Organizing & Cleaning in 2012, her first shot at business ownership in over 20 years.
Kami’s personal mission extends beyond just blessing her clients, and the expansion of her dream with Ragamuffin Organizing & Cleaning will be to support the Ragamuffin House. Her larger vision is to create a Christian women’s ministry where women can have a week-long respite to rejuvenate, reconnect, and then reengage in their spheres of influence. “That is why I get up in the morning, dreaming of the Ragamuffin House,” says Kami. Currently she is working with the Larimer SBDC to further define and support this vision, which is planned to launch in 2017.
by Brian Cathcart, CPA, MS
Larimer SBDC Consultant
The Financial Lab
You are probably really good at providing the products and/or services of your business. But you might not feel so competent or confident about the accounting and financial analysis part of your business. Maybe you need to change your mindset regarding your financial reporting as something to get excited about.
Don’t you get excited about things that make you money? Financial reporting and analysis makes you money!
10 Signs You Need Better a Better Understanding of Your Business Finances
You don’t know the role of accounting or what accounting means.
- You are not using financial information regularly to make better business decisions.
- You don’t know how to calculate your break even or how to calculate sales necessary to achieve a desired level income.
- You don’t know what accounting infrastructure means.
- You don’t know what accrual based accounting means.
- You don’t understand why the balance sheet is the most important financial statement.
- You don’t understand why it is necessary or how to perform monthly reconciliations and close the books.
- You have a large accounting role without adequate training and education.
- You are a business owner or manager that would like to freshen up on all this accounting stuff.
- You are not excited about monthly financial analysis.
Check out the following helpful classes that are coming up soon:
|Thursday, November 5
|1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
|Friday, November 6
|8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
|Wednesday, November 18
|8:30 AM – 12:00 PM