Business Quick Start
Join us in person the 1st Monday* of every month to jump start your business idea and make it a reality!
*moved to 2nd Monday on holiday weekends
What You Will Learn
• All the steps to becoming an official business – registering with the state, legal entity understanding, local registrations, license requirements
• The Business Model Canvas – a one page business plan outline to think through all the elements of running a business
• Marketing Plan considerations
• Budget fundamentals
• How the SBDC can support your on your journey
This workshop is full of information, hands-on activities to get those ideas out of your head and into a tangible format, and a stepping stone to further resources. Optional follow up activities include meeting with a SBDC consultant, signing up for a class, accessing On Demand videos, or finding a meetup group with other small business founders, owners and entrepreneurs.
9:00 – 10:00 – Walk through the official steps to become a legitimate business
10:00 -11:00 – Introduction to the Business Model Canvas
11:00 – 12:00 – Introduction to creating a marketing plan & budget
Beverages and light refreshments provided.
Prerequisites: Make It Official On Demand video (fee waived with registration for this workshop)
You will walk away with:
• A one page business plan outline
• A marketing plan checklist
• A budget checklist
• SBDC network of resources and services
• New small business acquaintances and friends!