Financials and Bookkeeping - From Input to Understanding
- What data you need to keep track of
- Avoiding common mistakes
- A summary understanding of what financials and proper bookkeeping can tell you about your business
- General understanding your financial statements – income (profit and loss) statement and balance sheet
- What’s accrual accounting mean? The importance of matching expenses with revenues
- When to engage with an accountant and/or bookkeeper
Don’t let your financial statements overwhelm you! Once you understand what they can do for your business, you’ll wonder why they were ever such a mystery to begin with.
As a seasoned controller with three plus decades of experience, Nancy’s skills include financial statements, process analysis, KPI development, budgeting and implementation of accounting systems. Nancy has also developed a knack for understanding manufacturing operations, processes, cost accounting and has become adept at assessing what the issues are and developing solutions.
She has helped companies implement new software such as Sage 100 and Microsoft Navision, restructure cost accounting procedures, develop and implement inventory management processes, and has also taught classes for Quickbooks and Sage 50. Her experience has included both small and large companies in industries such as food manufacturing, retail and injection molding.
Nancy has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Regis University. She also served in the United States Navy from 1979-1984 as an Aviation Storekeeper with the final rank of E-5.
[Webinar] Canva 101: Graphic Design for your Digital Marketing Made Easy
Essential Steps to Starting Your Business
Taking the first step to starting your business can be difficult! There are many questions that must be answered as a business owner when opening a new business and you want to be sure you are following ALL rules and regulations. This workshop will be a realistic starting point for all budding entrepreneurs. The two-hour workshop will be PACKED and FAST PACED. We will investigate many questions and cover best practices for topics, such as:
What are the organizational and licensing requirements?
What resources should I explore?
Who should I market to and who is my competition?
Do I have the right amount of capital to start this business?
At the end, you will have a good feel for the level of effort and commitment it will take to make your business successful. If you’re serious about starting a business, you don’t want to miss this workshop!
[Webinar] 3 Ways Financial Information Can Make Your Business Thrive
Do you want to run your business better and smarter? If you know what to look for in your financial statements, you can do just that! This course will improve your capability to read financial statements (primarily Balance Sheet and Income Statement). It is intended for small business owners and their bookkeepers who want to gain new or additional insights into their business financial performance. The focus of the class includes:
- Understanding the importance of cash flow management
- Good cash flow practices
- How to read your balance sheet
- Variable versus fixed cost analysis, and the implications for your business
- How to read your income statement, and use it to improve your business
- The importance of gross margin percentage
- Analyzing trends in your business
- General introduction to financial ratios for your industry