Have you ever thought about government contracting but didn’t know where to start? Join us for an interactive workshop about what government agencies buy, how you can market your products and services to federal and state agencies, and where to find opportunities. You’ll also learn about the small business certification programs that can help you get your foot in the door.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) will show you basics of getting started. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Connect2DOT Program Manager will tell you about working with the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT). If you want to get a slice of the billion dollar pie, don’t miss this workshop!
• Learn the steps for doing business with the government
9:00 – 10:00: Federal Government Contracting
• Registering in SAM and using online marketing tools
• Presented by Kathryn Rowe, PTAC
10:00 – 11:00: Doing Business with CDOT
• What CDOT buys and the certifications that can get you in the door
• Forecast of anticipated 2015 CDOT bid opportunities
• Presented by Cathy Kramer, Connect2DOT
11:00-12:00: Networking and Consulting
• Stay after to network with other small businesses and talk with the business counselors from PTAC and Connect2DOT about your business
This is a FREE event, but pre-registration is required! Save your seat today!