Employee Ownership Programs – 2-part session
Part A – Thursday, September 1, 2022 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Part B -Thursday,October 6, 2022 – 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Many companies have enjoyed immense benefits from creating opportunities for employees to own equity in the business.
1. Ability to recruit and retain the best employees
2. Creates common goals and high motivation across the company
3. More innovativeness, better customer service, enhanced employee engagement and accountability
4. In all, greatly improved competitiveness.
5. Greater wealth creation
6. Smoother transition to a founder’s retirement
The first segment is a three-hour class which will provide an introduction to several ways employee ownership programs can be established, depending on the founder’s or current owner’s goals. It will prepare company founders and current owners to decide if employee ownership is right for your company. It will give you an overview of how to go about making this happen successfully.
The second segment of the workshop is a four-hour class intended for founders and current owners of companies who have attended Part A – Introduction and Overview and are ready to introduce some form of employee ownership. We will walk through a step-by-step approach to making critical choices, preparing the necessary documentation, and then implementing and operating a successful employee ownership program at your company.
This will allow participants to begin this process right away with a clear understanding of their options and the path to move forward.
In Part A you will learn:
– The benefits that companies have derived from employee ownership and whether these might apply in your company.
– How founders and current owners can maintain a significant amount of control that over how employee ownership programs will work.
– How typical employee ownership programs have been set up and how they really operate in practice.
– How elements of these programs differ somewhat based on whether your company is an LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp or another form.
– Common concerns owners may have with regard to employee ownership and ways to minimize risks and maximize benefits.
– Some special types of employee-owned companies which have been established by law and which you might want to consider.
In Part B you will learn:
– The several critical decisions which founders and current company owners need to make before implementing their program.
– How to effectively document the rules which will govern the employee ownership program so that it will achieve the founder’s and current company owner’s objectives.
– The practical logistics of setting up and operating your employee ownership program. The “How To”.
– Ways to avoid common mistakes and misunderstandings.
– Ways owners can set up the employee ownership program so that it will support their exit strategy from the company.