Financials and Bookkeeping - From Input to Understanding
- What data you need to keep track of
- Avoiding common mistakes
- A summary understanding of what financials and proper bookkeeping can tell you about your business
- General understanding your financial statements – income (profit and loss) statement and balance sheet
- What’s accrual accounting mean? The importance of matching expenses with revenues
- When to engage with an accountant and/or bookkeeper
Don’t let your financial statements overwhelm you! Once you understand what they can do for your business, you’ll wonder why they were ever such a mystery to begin with.
As a seasoned controller with three plus decades of experience, Nancy’s skills include financial statements, process analysis, KPI development, budgeting and implementation of accounting systems. Nancy has also developed a knack for understanding manufacturing operations, processes, cost accounting and has become adept at assessing what the issues are and developing solutions.
She has helped companies implement new software such as Sage 100 and Microsoft Navision, restructure cost accounting procedures, develop and implement inventory management processes, and has also taught classes for Quickbooks and Sage 50. Her experience has included both small and large companies in industries such as food manufacturing, retail and injection molding.
Nancy has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Regis University. She also served in the United States Navy from 1979-1984 as an Aviation Storekeeper with the final rank of E-5.