For the first time, the Larimer SBDC will be offering “QuickBooks Online: 3 Part Series” beginning on September 9 and running through September 23.
While the functionality of QuickBooks Online is very similar to what is offered through their traditional desktop software, they are visually very different. QuickBooks Online also has the advantage of integrating with mobile applications that can be used on both a smartphone and tablet.
Are you confused about whether to use QuickBooks online or QuickBooks Pro (the desktop version)? Ask yourself the following questions:
• Do I want to be able to update QuickBooks from multiple devices (computer, smartphone, tablet)? Online
• Do I want to pay for the software once and use it for multiple years? Desktop
• Do I want my accountant/CPA to be able to log on and immediately fix entries? Online
• How much phone support do I need? Unlimited – Online; Pay for extra – Desktop
• Do I want to have the latest features automatically? Online
• Do I want to have permanent record continuity, even if I change software? Desktop
There are many more factors that should go in to choosing the right software for your business, and for a more complete breakdown of the differences in features, see the detailed list directly from Intuit
Our upcoming “QuickBooks Online: 3 Part Series” (September 9, 16 & 23; 1:00 – 5:00 pm) will cover what QuickBooks Online can do for you. You will learn how to back up your system, navigate through the program, and a brief overview of setting up a sample company. Other topics include:
• Managing your checkbook
• Handling credit card payments
• Reconciliation of accounts
• Accounts payable & accounts receivable
• Analyzing your financials by using reports
This class is perfect for the person who has never used the program or is within their first year of use. It will be presented by Kirsten Woy
, a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor and held at the Digital Workshop.