Resumen del curso:
En este taller usted aprenderá a manejar su centro de cuidado diario como un negocio. También aprenderá a manejar sus finanzas, el mercadeo y las operaciones de su negocio.
Deberá asistir a las 6 clases para recibir horas de crédito profesional.
Objetivos del Taller:
- Establecer su modelo de Negocio
- Aprenderá a maximizar sus ingresos y minimizar sus gastos
- Entenderá los costos de operar un centro de cuidado diario
- Entenderá como utilizar los medios sociales para promocionar su negocio
Who Is It For?
LEADING EDGE is for business owners and entrepreneurs positioning for growth stage, that desire focused education and planning, accountability, networking, and the tools to build a strategic business plan to take their company to the next level. Must be in business for at least 1 year but no more than 5 and must have at minimum, 1 employee.
What To Expect
- Eight 2-hour sessions, including interactive group work, guest speakers, and roundtables with subject matter experts
- A minimum of 3 hours of one-on-one consulting with certified SBDC consultants
- Direct connections with local and statewide lenders, key business leaders, and industry experts
- Continuous feedback on your business plan and strategy during the course
- Free subscription to LivePlan that continues 3 months after the program
- Free registration to workshops at the Larimer SBDC while enrolled
- Graduate with a completed business plan, multiple mentors, and a key network of resources, champions and friends!
The LEADING EDGE™ Entrepreneurship Series is a hands-on, step-by-step strategic business planning program for early-stage businesses across any industry. Through this 8-weeks Cohort Series—with expert help all along the way—you can test the feasibility of positioning your company for growth, solidify your business model and build a road map in LivePlan. You can finish the series with an actionable, strategic business plan to access potential financing or to use as a blueprint to manage your business. LivePlan subscriptions are included with the program and available for three months afterward.
The LEADING EDGE Entrepreneurship Series makes you an active participant in a program designed for (and with) entrepreneurs just like you. Facilitators and guest presenters are knowledgeable entrepreneurs and specialists who are attuned to the issues you will face every day. Thoughtful, insightful—and above, all practical—the series covers all aspects of successful business planning for growth.
- No more than two unexcused absences from the training series
- Completing at least 3 hours of one-on-one consulting throughout the course
- Turning in a completed business plan by the end of the course
Are you interested in starting a family childcare home? Or, have you already started but want more guidance on how to run your home childcare program?
This course is a six-week program designed to help new or existing child care providers in the state of Colorado to improve their business practices to both better serve their customers and promote their business sustainability with increased revenues. No prior business training is required, all are welcome! The class will meet online via Zoom, and participants are also invited to meet online one-on-one with an SBDC business consultant during and after the course for specific and continued training and support. Attendance at each session is required to receive PDIS credit. If an emergency arises, please contact your instructor for alternative options.
Training and consultation are available at no cost through partnership between the Colorado Department of Early Childhood and the Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT), and funding from the Colorado Shines Brighter – Preschool Development Grant.
Child care providers can earn professional development hours through the Professional Development Information System (PDIS) by attending all training sessions
Who is it for?
Home providers already in business, or thinking of starting a business, in Larimer County.
Who are the project partners?
Partners in the training are Early Childhood Council Larimer County (ECCLC), Larimer SBDC, and SBDC consultants.
Thursdays, February 2nd – March 9th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm for six sessions.
Upon completion of the class, providers will have the opportunity to produce one tangible “takeaway” – a website home page, social media posts, budget/financial plan, email marketing campaign – they will make the decision as to what will most benefit their business NOW.
We will ask providers to commit to a minimum of three hours of 1:1 consulting with an SBDC consultant, to be completed within three months of completion of the program.
One session with a SBDC consultant is required during the 6 weeks of classes.
As part of the SBDC process, participants will register as clients of the SBDC. We will collect business information (start date, structure, revenues, FTE, etc.). This will give us the baseline information required for our SBA grant. However, there may be other information we would want to gather so that we can measure outcomes.